Tuesday, February 10, 2009

bad day...

I got to say today was one of my worst days in my life. On my way to school, I took I-280, and exited at the San Mateo exit. By the time I reached the Hillsdale exit to CSM, I saw traffic, and I was completely stopped. A Honda Odyssey was stopped behind me. Suddenly out of nowhere, BAMMMMMMM BOOOOMMM, I checked the rare view mirrors, and a flying car was coming in my way. I was panicking and didn't know what to do, then I felt an impact behind me. At one point, my mind went blank for 2 seconds. I did not know what to think about, but I know I wasn't hurt or there wasn't a severe damage on my car. When I went outside, it was a four car collision, including me. Me, Odyssey, and a Civic was completely stopped because there was traffic in front of me. A Camry was probably driving fast around 60mph, and saw a big train of stopped car and wanted to make the exit. He lost control and slammed into the Civic which slammed into the Odyssey and the Odyssey's license plate scraped my right bumper. The Civic was not only hit at the rear and the front, his car made a 90 degree angle to the right and smashed into the side rail. Civic and Camry were students from CSM, they were fine, even though their cars had been severely damaged. Conversely, the Odyssey, a 40-50 year old white lady said she had neck pain and felt dizziness. Cops came and took down everyone's driver's license number, registrations, insurance, and report. My car is not serious, so I'm debating whether or not to report it to the insurance. If I do report it, my parents will have to add my name to the insurance which will cost more each year.
So that was the collision, I was late to school, my English teacher didn't waive my tardy even though I said I was in a collision and showed her the collision slip. 2 Tardies = 1 Absent, and 4 Absent = automatic drop. I have 3 tardies already. In o-chem, the experiment, I sort've spilled a little of my compound, so my reaction went slower than other people. I had to quizzes today while waiting for the compound to boil. The professor told everyone to lift up the compound for the heat plate, but I somehow didn't hear it. She then told everyone to use gravity filter but I had to ask her what to do. She asked if I had hearing problems. At that point I was really scared, this was not the only time I screwed up, she might not like me anymore. Physics lab was the only thing that went well, 30-45 minutes and left. When I went to my car, sh*t I totally forgot to put my parking permit on my dashboard this morning because of the collision. There it was, a f*cking white envelope, marking a $25 bail for not having a parking permit. Goddamn what a bad day.

Life is very valuable, and at that moment when something bad actually happens, you only have a split second to recall what is most memorable in your life. So cherish everything and everyone around you. They are always there for you.

2 comments:

whale said...

Good thing you're safe!

kevin said...

yeah, you're going to have to split a second before split yourself...